This personal data protection policy (the “Policy”) has been created to help you understand the practices and conditions in which CALPHAD Conference collects, uses and stores your personal data (the “Data”).
In this document, you will find the various Data that we may collect and process or that you may provide to us when you access the https://www.calphad-conference.org/ website (the “Website”) and the https://calphad-conference.org/registration-payment-abstract/ registration/payment module. Collectively, the URLs are referred to as the “Websites”.
1. What Data does CALPHAD Conference collect?
Depending on the nature and purpose of your interaction with CALPHAD Conference (creating a user account on the site, subscribing to Newsletters, completing contact and/or registration forms), we may collect the following Data:
Your email address is required if you wish to:
- Register on the Website
- Contact us
- Buy some products or services on our Websites
- Subscribe to our Newsletters
Data related to your identity, such as your full name, may also be required.
2. How is your Data collected?
Data can be collected in several ways on the Websites.
It may be collected directly when you communicate with us through user account creation. Furthermore, we may collect your Data when you use the various contact forms on the Website and/or communicate with us by email.
CALPHAD Conference also indirectly collects your Data through cookies.
3. Why is your Data collected?
We collect and use your Data to:
- Enable you to use our services (access your personal account),
- Enable us to contact you and/or put you in contact with our partners,
- Offer you the Newsletters, products, and services you have requested,
- Notify you of changes to our Websites and our range of services.
- Recognising the username and password you have provided so you do not have to enter them again for each page requiring it.
- Analysing traffic on the Websites.
4. Who processes your Data?
Your Data is processed by CALPHAD Conference organizers tasked with:
- Managing the Websites
- Managing the Conference
- Managing partnerships
- Managing content
- Legal tasks
Your Data may also, within the scope of our business and for external processing needs, be provided to subcontractors, service providers and other third parties, particularly for managing our email campaigns (Newsletters) sent out through our service intermediary.
The latter are bound by contractual obligations to maintain the confidentiality of the Data and to use it solely for the purposes for which we provide them.
Lastly, we may also disclose your Data:
- To comply with legal mandates, laws and legal procedures, including governmental and regulatory requests,
- If we deem that disclosure is required or appropriate within the scope of protecting the rights, ownership or security of CALPHAD Conference, our clients and other stakeholders. This disclosure includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of protecting against fraud and counterfeiting.
5. How long is your Data stored for?
CALPHAD Conference only stores your Data for the period necessary for the purposes explained in Section 3. This storage period varies according to the Data in question, as it may be affected by the nature and purpose of the collection.
When you subscribe to our Newsletters, we store your email address until you unsubscribe.
Data collected using cookies will be stored for up to 12 months.
6. How is your Data protected?
Your Data is stored on secure servers protected by firewalls and antivirus software. We take technical and organisational measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your Data against any accidental loss and any unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
7. What are your rights?
You can choose how the Data you provide is used:
- You can browse the Website without providing Data.
In this case, you will not be able to use certain features of the Websites, such as creating a personal account and purchasing our products, services, and tickets to the Conference.
- You can decide to no longer receive the newsletter.
Simply unsubscribe using the link in the email.
- You can decide not to provide your email address in the various contact forms.
Please be aware that in this case you cannot receive a reply from CALPHAD Conference or a partner.
In any case, you can access your personal account at any time to view and update your Data.
In accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations regarding Data protection, namely the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), you have the right to access and correct your Data.
Furthermore, subject to the conditions of the aforementioned regulation for exercising your rights, you have:
- The right to erasure of your Data,
- The right to limit processing of your Data,
- The right to object to the processing of your Data on legitimate grounds, in accordance with article 21 of the GDPR,
- The right to withdraw consent, when it has been asked.
When processing of your Data has occurred based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. However, you acknowledge that any processing that occurred before your consent was withdrawn remains entirely valid.
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are required to reply within one (1) month to all requests regarding the exercising of these rights. This timeframe may be extended to two (2) months for complex requests and large request volumes.
8. Cookies Policy